Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $280 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
Wine Tasting at the following family-owned Napa Valley wineries is sure to be a special and relaxed day. Each of these wineries are also “green” properties, which means that they are growing organic or sustainable vineyards. Either program does not use chemical pesticides and you can be sure the wines do not have anything in them but what mother nature intended. The tour begins in Rutherford Napa Valley at ZD Wines and travels south to Silverado Vineyards, a quick dash to Yountville for lunch and then cross the street to visit Somerston Wine Co.
ZD Wines, 8383 Silverado Trail, Rutherford, CA 94573, (707) 963-5188
- $120 Per Couple – Eco Vineyard Tour and Wine Tasting with Cheese
- Learn about how ZD uses renewable energy, organic farming and biodiversity, while you walk and taste your way through the property. End with additional tastings and cheese pairing.
- 10AM Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required
- Since 2007, ZD Wines has been running exclusively on solar power; another step towards reducing their carbon footprint, as well as organically farming grapes from their property. The winery was founded by two aerospace engineers with a dream to make wine!
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 6 minutes for travel) Turn R onto Silverado Trail (S), drive 5.5 mi. to Silverado on your R
Silverado Vineyards, 6121 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 257-1770
- $90 Per Couple – Single Vineyard Tasting
- Taste 5 Silverado Vineyard, Single Vineyard wines, each paired with artisan cheese. Single vineyard means that they can point to a small area that produced every grape in that bottle of wine.
- 10% off purchase of 3+ bottles when you show the WineCountry. com Free Mobile App Offer
- 11:45AM – Allow One Hour
- Reservations Required
- Three generations of the Miller Family continue their stewardship of the winery, ensuring the vineyards can continue to be passed down to future generations through 100% sustainable farming, solar power and other green initiatives.
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 6 minutes for travel) Turn L onto Silverado Trail (N) for 1.1 mi., L on Yountville Cross Rd, L on Yount and R on Washington St. Park in lot behind V Marketplace.
Napa Style at V Marketplace , 6525 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599, (707) 945-1050
- 1:15 PM – Allow One Hour for Lunch
- Fresh ingredients, like you would expect in Napa Valley. House made salads and sandwiches.
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 4 minutes to walk) Leave your car or driver and walk to Somerston. Turn R on Washington St. for .2 mi., cross Washington Street to Somerston Wine Co/Priest Ranch Wines
Somerston Wine Company, 6490 Washington Street, Yountville, CA 94599, (707) 944-8200
- $70 Per Couple – Signature Experience – Double Blind Tasting
- Explore the wines and how to identify different grape varieties in a double blind wine tasting. It’s fun!
- 2:30 PM, Allow One Hour
- Of the 1,628 acres of natural beauty, Somerston farms 200 acres of sustainably grown vineyards. There is a farm, winery, lakes, and a natural soda spring on site, as well as fruit trees and gardens. “Au Natural!”
- Reservations Required for Double Blind Tasting
Napa Valley Dinner Suggestions:
- Casual: Tarla Mediterranean Grill , (707) 255-5599, Napa, CA
- Make Reservations for: Morimoto , (707) 252-1600, Napa, CA
Napa Valley Lodging Suggestions:
- Value: La Residence Country Inn, (707)
- Boutique: Cottage Grove Inn, (707) 942-8400
- Hotel/Resort: Calistoga Ranch, (707) 254-2800
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/19/2012. Copyright WineCountry.com.