Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $90 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
Cabernet Sauvignon can be considered “King” since it is planted in every major wine growing region and was born in the 17th century in France by crossing Cabernet Fran and Sauvignon Blanc. It has a rich and royal history. The varietal is still making history, especially in Napa Valley. Taste wines from small and large producers of Cabernet and many other varietals!
Chimney Rock Winery, 5350 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 257-2641
- $40 Per Couple, Terlato Family Vineyards Owner’s Selection Tasting
- 10:30AM – Allow One Hour
- No Reservations Required
- Cab is King: All the grapes for Chimney Rock’s Cabernet Sauvignon and Bordeaux style red blends are grown on the winery’s 137-acre estate at the southern end of the Stags Leap District. The winemakers capture the estate’s unique terroir, which means the flavors resonate with cassis and blackberry flavors, through an innovative and meticulous approach to vineyard management.
- Directions to Next Stop: Turn R on Silverado Trail (N) for 8.5 miles, turn R on Sage Canyon Rd
Midsummer Cellars, 771 Sage Canyon Road, St. Helena (Rutherford), CA 94574, (707) 967-0432
- Complimentary tasting and Personal tour with Winemaker Rollie Heitz
- 12PM– Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required
- Cab is King: Midsummer only produces Cabernet Sauvignon from vineyards of distinction. All their wines are vineyard designate, which means that you know exactly what piece of land produced the grapes for the wine. Their wines are from Canon Creek Vineyard, Tomasson and Clark Claudon Vineyards.
- Directions to Next Stop: Turn L (S) on Silverado Trail for 6.6 miles to Silverado Vineyards on the R
Silverado Vineyards, 6121 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 257-1770
- $50 Per Couple – Limited Production Tasting – 10% off purchase of 3+ bottles
- 2:45PM – Allow One Hour
- Reservation Required for the tour
- Cab is King: The Miller family first purchased vineyards in 1970 and named the winery for the abandoned mining town at the top of Napa Valley, Silverado. They have been “prospecting” for wine for three generations.
- Casual: BANK Café & Bar, (707) 257-5151, Napa, CA
- Make a Reservations for: JoLe, (707) 942-5938, Calistoga, CA (if you stay in northern Napa Valley)
- Make Reservations for: Ad Hoc (707) 944-2487, Yountville, Ca (for a stay in Southern Napa Valley)
- Value: Double Tree Hotel by Hilton, (707) 674-2100, American Canyon, CA
- Boutique: Chanric Inn B&B, (707) 942-4535, Calistoga, CA
- Hotel/Resort: Mount View Hotel & Spa, (707) 942-6877, Calistoga, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email email@example.com. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/22/2013. Copyright WineCountry.com.