Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $255 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
The AVA (American Viticulture Area) of Calistoga is known for the volcanic soil, hot day-time temperatures and cool night-time breezes that blow from the Russian River.
This area produces delicious cabernet sauvignon, syrah, petite sirah and zinfandel wines. Begin this fabulous day in northern Napa Valley with a tram ride to the hill-top winery of Sterling to taste their wines.
Enjoy a tasting and picnic at Cuvaison before you tour the historic Chateau Montelena and Bennett Lane wineries.
You will be impressed by the reds of Calistoga, but if you like white wines, they make those too!
Sterling Vineyards, 1111 Dunaweal Lane, Calistoga, CA 94515, (707) 942-3344
- $55 Per Couple – Tram Ride and Reserve Tasting – $5 off with WineCountry.com mobile App
- 10AM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Enjoy tram, self-guided tour and view
- Calistoga Reds: Not only will you taste the flavor of Calistoga wines, you will be able to see almost all of it from the tram as you assail to the height of the winery
- Directions to Next Stop: R on Silverado Trail for .2 mi.
Cuvaison Estate Wines (Calistoga), 4550 Silverado Trail, Calistoga, CA 94515, (707) 942-2468
- $40 Per Couple – Tasting Flight – Fee Complimentary with any wine purchase
- 12PM – Allow 2 Hours – 24-hour notice to Reserve a picnic lunch waiting for you, $29 Per Person
- No Reservation Required for tasting
- Calistoga Reds: Cu∙vai∙son [koo∙veh∙ZOHN]: The French term for the period when grape juice is kept in contact with the skins and seeds during both fermentation and maceration. Critical in the making of red wines, cuvaison allows color, tannins, and aroma to be transferred from the skins and seeds to the juice
- Directions to Next Stop: W on Silverado Trail for 1.8 mi., R on Hwy 29 for 1.6 mi., L on Tubbs Lane
Chateau Montelena Winery, 1429 Tubbs Lane, Calistoga, CA 94515, (707) 942-5105
- $80 Per Couple – Library Tasting
- 1:30PM – Allow One Hour
- Reservation Required for this historic setting
- Taste the Cabernets and Zinfandels of Chateau Montelena in the peaceful setting of a stone castle carved into a hillside at the base of Mt. St. Helena.
- Directions to Next Stop: S on Tubbs Lane for 1.1 mi., R on CA 128 for .9 mi., R on Bennett Lane
Bennett Lane Winery, 3340 Hwy 128, Calistoga, CA 94515, (707) 942-6684
- $80 Per Couple – Reserve Cabernet Tasting
- 3PM – Allow One Hour
- Calistoga Reds: Though Calistoga was one of the first appellations in Napa Valley, it only received the AVA certification in 2010. Therefore, any vintages prior to that will designate Napa Valley and not Calistoga. The Cabernet and Reserve Cabernet at Bennett Lane received stellar reviews for 2006 and 2007 vintages.
- Reservations Required
Casual: Bosko’s Trattoria, (707) 942-9088, Calistoga, CA
Make a Reservation: Meadowood Napa Valley, (707) 963-3646, St. Helena, CA
Value: Comfort Inn Calistoga, (707) 942-9400, Calistoga, CA
Boutique: Larkmead Country Inn, (707) 942-5360, Calistoga, CA
Boutique: Casa Lana B&B, (707) 942-0615, Calistoga, CA
Hotel/Resort: Solage Calistoga (707) 226-0800, Calistoga, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 9/3/2013. Copyright WineCountry.com.