Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $135 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
There are many wineries to visit that are right on Highway 29 or Silverado Trail in Napa Valley. What are you missing that may be hidden from the highway? Let’s find out. This adventurous day is perfect for when you initially arrive in Napa from San Francisco. The family-owned wineries will welcome you like a long lost cousin who may be thirsting for some wine.
Bourassa Vineyards, 190 Camino Oruga, Suite 5, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 254-4922
- $35 Per Couple – VIP Tasting Plus!
- 2 for 1 offer on wine tasting fees with WineCountry.com mobile App. Tasting fees waived with purchase of 2 bottles per person.
- 10 AM – Allow 45 minutes
- Reservation Required
- Family Owned: Sample current wines and those in the barrel in the private reserve room with Vic Bourassa and his staff. Complimentary crackers and bottled water are just the beginning of this overall educational experience that explains the wine-making process, the significance of oak, and the cork.
- Directions to Next Stop: Turn R on Camino Dorado, L on N Kelly Rd, R (N) on Hwy 29, Exit 19, L on Redwood Rd 5.8 miles
The Hess Collection Winery, 4411 Redwood Road, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 255-1144
- $10 Per Couple- Private Tour and Wine Tasting and Self Guided Tour of the Art Museum!
- 2 for 1 offer on wine tasting fees with WineCountry.com mobile App.
- 11:30AM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required for the Private Tour and Tasting
- Family-Owned: Donald Hess acquires his first land on Mount Veeder in Napa Valley and completed purchase of 900 acres in 1982. Over 600 acres is set aside for wild life corridors, fish friendly farming practices and biodiversity. Hess Collection utilizes sustainable farming practices.
- Directions to Next Stop: South on Redwood, left on Dry Creek Rd, R on Trower Ave, Left on Hwy 29, 4.2 miles R on Washington Street, turn L to stay on Washington, L on Yountville Crossing and L on State Lane
Goosecross Cellars, 1119 State Lane, Yountville, CA 94599, (707) 944-1986
- $40 Per Couple – Barrel Room Tasting. Friendliest Staff in Napa!
- 3PM – Allow One Hour
- No Reservations Required
- Family-Owned: Goosecross has always been owned by a family and continues to be with the new owners. Jeff Gorsuch has been the winemaker since his family owned the winery
- Directions to Next Stop: from State Lane, turn L on Yountville Crossing, L on Silverado Trail for 1.5 mi.
Vine Cliff Winery, 7400 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 944-1364
- $50 Per Couple – Private Tour & Tasting
- 3PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required for Tour and Tasting!
- Family-Owned: Vine Cliff Winery was established in 1871, when 500 acres were carved out of the George Yount Estate. One of the first bonded wineries in the U S, Vine Cliff was one of the region’s most successful wineries through the end of the 19th Century. A series of natural problems drove the winery under in the early 20th Century, with the land remaining fallow until it was purchased by Nell Sweeney for her family in 1985.
- Casual: Bosko’s Trattoria, (707) 942-9088, Calistoga, CA
- Make Reservations for: Cuvee, (707) 224-2330, Napa, CA
- Value: Best Western Plus Inn at the Vines, (707) 257-1930, Napa, CA
- Boutique: Candlelight Inn (707) 257-3717, Napa, CA
- Hotel/Resort: Euro Spa & Inn, (707) 942-6829, Calistoga, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email email@example.com. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/22/2013. Copyright WineCountry.com.