Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $180 Per Couple. To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
This relaxed paced day begins in St. Helena in the Napa Valley on Spring Mountain at Newton Vineyard and proceeds south on Highway 29 to see Hall Wines and Peju, before finishing at Midsummer Cellars off of the Silverado Trail in Rutherford. Each winery is family owned and has their own unique perspective on wine-making. The gardens of Newton and Peju are breathtaking. This day will guarantee you some great views and possibly a greeting from a winery owner.
Newton Vineyard, 2555 Madrona Ave., St. Helena, CA 94574, (707) 963-9000
- $80 Per Couple, Tour and Tasting with Food Pairing by Etoile
- 11AM – Allow 1.5 Hours (please be on time for tour)
- Reservations Required
- Family Owned: Newton Vineyard was one of the first wineries on Spring Mountain, a rugged yet serene appellation located west of St. Helena on the eastern flank of the Mayacamas range. Newton Vineyard was established by Dr. Su Hua and Peter Newton, whose trailblazing vision transformed the hillside into a 540-acre estate with 120 acres of planted vines. The winery is custom-designed with Barrel aging taking place in a cave built into the mountain directly beneath the winery and its iconic gardens.
- Directions to Next Stop: Turn R on Hwy 29 for 1.6 miles and Hall Winery is on the R
Hall St. Helena Winery, 401 St. Helena Hwy South, St. Helena, CA 94574, (707) 967-2657
- $40 Per Couple, Choice of 4 small-production, winery-only wines to taste!
- 12:45PM – Allow One Hour
- No Reservations Required
- Family Owned: In 2005, Craig and Kathryn Hall unveiled a state-of-the-art winery amid the legendary Sacrashe Vineyard in the hills of Rutherford that is dedicated to making single vineyard and limited-production wines. The Halls acquired the historic Bergfeld winery in St. Helena in 2003, and are merging history and innovation with the completion of California’s First Winery to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold Certification.
- Directions to Next Stop: Turn R on Hwy 29 for 3.1 miles, Peju is on the L
Peju Province Winery, 8466 St. Helena Highway, Rutherford, CA 94573, (707) 963-3600
- $60 Per Couple, The Peju Private Tasting.
- 2PM – Allow One Hour
- Reservations Required for Private Tasting
- Family Owned: Twenty-five years ago, Herta (HB) Peju helped her husband Tony transform a 30-acre parcel of land into a Napa Valley jewel, the Peju Family Estate Winery. Her handprints are everywhere, from Peju’s exquisite gardens, to its flagship wine, the H.B. Reserve, picked from the Rutherford Estate’s best fruit and named for her first two initials (Herta Behensky). HB and Tony, two idealists from Europe, had many dreams when they arrived in America. Owning and operating a winery turned out to be her calling and the Peju family’s passion.
- Directions to Next Stop: Turn R on Hwy 29, take 1st R on Rutherford Rd. Turn R on Silverado Trail, 1st L on Sage Canyon Rd .2 mile on R
Midsummer Cellars, 771 Sage Canyon Road, St. Helena (Rutherford), CA 94574, (707) 967-0432
- Complimentary tasting and Personal tour with Winemaker Rollie Heitz
- 3:30PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required
- Family Owned: Rollie and Sally Heitz started Midsummer Cellars in 2000 with the goal of making small lot handcrafted wines of distinction that reflect the terroir and individuality of their vineyard sources. Midsummer only produces Cabernet Sauvignon from vineyards of distinction. All their wines are vineyard designate, which means that you know exactly what piece of land produced the grapes for the wine. Their wines are from Canon Creek Vineyard, Tomasson and Clark Claudon Vineyards.
- Casual: Market, (707) 963-3799, St. Helena, CA
- Make Reservations for: Meadowood Napa Valley, (707) 963-3646, St. Helena, CA
- Make Reservations for: Fish Story, (707) 251-5600, Napa, CA
- Value: Chardonnay Lodge, (707) 224-0789, Napa, CA
- Boutique: 1801 First Luxury Inn, (707) 224-3739, Napa, CA
- Hotel/Resort: Meadowood Napa Valley, (707) 963-3646, St. Helena, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/19/2013. Copyright WineCountry.com.