Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $250 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
Savor the beauty of Napa Valley, sip excellent wines, and then take home/or ship a couple of cases to remember the day. At Staglin Family Vineyards, you will be greeted with a glass of Chardonnay and welcomed with gracious hospitality by one of the family members. Then, enjoy views of Staglin’s beautiful estate as you are taken on a tour of the vineyards. Finally, taste their world-class Napa Valley wines.
Our recommendation for lunch is Alex’s Italian Restaurant. After a lovely meal, then have your driver (call us for suggestions!) whisk you off for a tour/tasting at Quintessa.
Special Note: Reservations are required for this wine experience and is specifically recommended for serious wine buyers.
———————– Start of Tasting Itinerary ———————–
Staglin Family Vineyard, Rutherford, CA, (707) 963-3994
- $120 Per Couple for in depth tour of winery, caves and their Estate Cab!
- 10:30AM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required, Address/Directions will be shared at the time of the reservation
- Luxurious Tasting: The Staglin Family has been raising money for Mental Health Research since they founded the winery in 1985. There are several events across the country every year that they sponsor or support. See the IMHRO website for more information. Once you taste the Staglin Family Wines you will want to be on the allocation list.
Lunch: Alex Italian Restaurant, 1140 Rutherford Road, Rutherford, CA 94573, (707) 967-5500
- 12:45 PM Allow 1.5 Hour
- Reservations Suggested
- Directions to Next Stop: Left Rutherford Road, turn left on Silverado Trail, .2 mile Quintessa is on the left
Quintessa, 1601 Silverado Trail, St. Helena, CA 94574, (707) 967-1601
- $130 Per Couple
- Tour and Tasting with Cheese Pairing
- 2:30PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required
- Luxurious Tasting: Private and intimate reservations are available to visitors by appointment only between 10am and 4pm daily. Your visit will be customized to your liking. Tours give the visitor a comprehensive look at the vineyard, winemaking facility and underground caves.
- Casual: Carpe Diem, (707) 224-0800, Napa, CA
- Make Reservations for: Auberge du Soleil, (707) 963-1211, Rutherford, CA
- Reservations 3 months ahead of time: The French Laundry, (707) 944-2380, Yountville. CA
- Boutique: The Pink Mansion, (707) 942-0558, Calistoga, CA
- Hotel/Resort: Villagio Inn & Spa, (707) 944-8877, Yountville, CA
- Resort: Calistoga Ranch – An Auberge Resort, (707) 254-2800 Calistoga, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 9/1/2013. Copyright WineCountry.com.