Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $130 per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
Sugars and alcohol enhance a wine’s sweetness, which is determined by the interaction of several factors, including the amount of sugar in the wine, but also the relative levels of alcohol, acids, and tannins. Some may perceive the fruitiness of a wine as sweet. The production of sweet wines began with the very first wines. The Romans would wait until the grapes were over-ripe to pick so that the wine would be sweeter. There are many levels of sweetness and dry. Whatever you preference there are several wines available within the walls of these fine wineries to taste.
Beringer Vineyards, 2000 Main Street, St. Helena, CA 94574, (866) 708-9463
- $80 Per Couple – Taste of Beringer Tour – begins at 10:30 am
- 10:15AM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required
- Sweet Stops: Learn about the Napa Valley, Beringer Family history and the winemaking process during this one-hour tour. Explore the Old Winery and wine-aging tunnels, and then visit our demonstration vineyard to learn some viticulture basics. From there you will proceed to the Rhine House for a sit-down tasting of three wines paired with small food bites.
- Directions to Next Stop: Drive 2.3 mi. N on Silverado Trail and turn L on Zinfandel Lane, R on Hwy 29 .6 mile.
V. Sattui Winery, 1111 White Lane, St. Helena, CA 94574, (707) 963-7774
- $10 Per Couple – 2 for 1 with WineCountry.com mobile App
- 12:15PM Allow 2.5 Hours with Lunch
- No Reservations Required
- Sweet Stops: Sattui Family Red – Our hearty blend of mostly Zinfandel is ideal for mid-week or anytime enjoyment with pasta or burgers, and it has a price that is most affordable. But this has much more going on than any table red; this is a serious wine. Its ripe, plummy flavors explode in the mouth with straightforward, refreshing fruitiness, all rounded out with hints of vanilla and spicy oak in the finish.
- Directions to Next Stop: Picnic at V. Sattui with lunch from their deli. Turn right on Hwy 29 and drive .3 mi. to Prager
Prager Winery & Port Works, 1281 Lewelling Lane, St. Helena, CA 94574, (707) 963-7678
- $40 Per Couple and you keep your tasting glass– Taste 5 premium ports and wines
- 2:30PM – Allow One Hour and add your dollar bill to the Prager wall!
- No Reservations Required
- Sweet Stops: Prager Winery & Port Works is a family owned and operated winery located in the heart of the Napa Valley. Since the first harvest in 1979, they have been specializing in the production of various styles of Premium California Ports. They offer Vintage, Tawny and White Ports and Petite Sirah and Late Harvest Riesling table wines, we well as Chocolate Port Drizzle, Port filled boxed chocolates and much more.
- Casual: Archetype Restaurant, (707) 968-9200, St. Helena, CA
- Make Reservations for: Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen, (707) 963-1200, St. Helena, CA
- Value: Holiday Inn Express and Suites, (707) 552-8100, American Canyon, CA
- Boutique: Hennessy House Napa B&B, (707) 226-3774, Napa, CA
- Hotel/Resort: Bardessono Hotel & Spa, (707) 204-6000, Yountville, CA
- Vacation Home: Silverado Resort & Spa Vacation Homes: (800) 532-0500, Napa, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/19/2013. Copyright WineCountry.com.