By Wine Country Staff
Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $142 Per Couple. To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
Simply Taste or taste many wines as you work your way north on Highway 29 in Napa Valley. This is a great way to introduce yourself to the area, the many wines available, as well as the fabulous scenery from several angles. The pace is steady and much easier if you have a driver to keep you on track. As you pass other wineries on your journey, consult your WineCountry.com Mobile App for information on their hours and tasting fees.
Domaine Chandon, 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599, (707) 944-8844
- $36 Per Couple, Classic Tasting – Taste four classic sparkling wines
- Check the WineCountry.com mobile App for special offers
- 10 AM – Allow One Hour
- Enjoy the vibrant Tasting Lounge that is full of energy and bubbly people. If you prefer quieter surroundings, taste on the patio at a shaded table.
- No Reservation Required for 9 people or less
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 8 minutes for travel) From California Dr, turn L on Hwy 29 for 4.1 miles to Mondavi on your L
Robert Mondavi Winery, 7801 St. Helena Hwy, Oakville, CA 94562, (707) 968-2000
- $60 Per Couple, Signature Tour and Tasting
- 11:30 AM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- 75 minute walking tour of the To Kalon Vineyard, cellar and a seated tasting. Great information for the beginner or seeing where it all began for the wine connoiseur.
- Reservations Required for the tasting
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 7 minutes for travel) Turn L on Hwy 29 (N) and drive for 3.9 miles to White Lane on R
V. Sattui Winery, 1111 White Lane, St. Helena, CA 94574, (707) 963-7774
- $10 Per Couple in main tasting room with 2 for 1 offer with WineCountry.com Mobile App
- 1:30PM Allow 2 Hours with Lunch from their fabulous European Style Deli that can be enjoyed outside in the picnic area
- V. Sattui wines are sold exclusively from the winery. You won’t find them at home, but like most wineries they will ship them directly to you!
- No Reservations Required
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 15 minutes for travel) Picnic at V. Sattui with lunch from their deli. Turn R on Hwy 29 (N) and drive 7.3 miles to Castello di Amorosa
Castello di Amorosa, 4045 N. St. Helena Hwy, Calistoga, CA 94515, (707) 967-6272
- $36 Per Couple, Premium Tasting at the Tasting Bar
- 3:30 PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- For $4 more per person you can taste the wines paired with chocolates. Enjoy the new castle made in an authentic-styled, 13th century Tuscan castle. Great photo opportunities abound. Don’t let the crowds scare you away. There are always crowds, but it’s a constant flow.
- No Reservation Required
- Casual: Sushi Mambo, (707) 257-7280 in Napa, CA
- Make Reservations for: Solbar – Solage Calistoga, (707) 226-0850 in Calistoga, CA
- Make a Reservation: Redd, (707) 944-2222 in Yountville, CA
- Value: Chelsea Garden Inn, (707) 942-0948 in Calistoga
- Boutique: Shady Oaks Country Inn, (707) 963-1190 St. Helena, CA
- Hotel/Resort: Silverado Resort & Spa, (707) 257-0200 in Napa, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 3/25/2014. Copyright WineCountry.com.