Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $300 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
If you love “Big Napa Cabs”, then this is the itinerary for you. Enjoy a leisure morning and brunch before you begin your journey in Northern Napa Valley at the historic Chateau Montelena, where the fame of the area all began. Chateau Montelena is owned and operated by the Jim Barrett families. Another Napa family who has brought acclaim to the region is the Staglin Family Vineyard. Garen Staglin and his family own and operate, as well as give attention-to-detail to their fine wines. Each wine has it’s own personality and distinctive flavors. Get to know the families and their philosophy of making Cabernet Sauvignon in Napa Valley.
Chateau Montelena Winery, 1429 Tubbs Lane, Calistoga, CA 94515, (707) 942-5105
- $100 Per Couple – Limited Release Tasting Experience, Wine Tasting
- 11:30 AM – Allow One Hour (time is specifically for this tasting)
- Tasting Fees are waived with $100 wine purchase when you show the offer on the WineCountry.com Mobile App
- Reservation Required with Pre-Payment
- Intimate tasting in the Library Room of world-class wines that have made history!
- Big Cab: Montelena Estate Cabernet and the Napa Valley Cabernet are two of the wines you will taste. Each shows an “old world” structure and clearly demonstrates the flavors that Napa Valley produces.
- Directions to Next Stop: (allow 25 minutes) SW on Tubbs Lane toward Bennett Lane for 1.1 mi., L on CA 129 Foothill Blvd. for 14 mi., L on Rutherford Road for .1 mil, Alex’s Italian Restaurant is on the L
Alex’s Italian Restaurant, 1140 Rutherford Road, Rutherford, CA 94573, (707) 967-5500
- Reservations Recommended
- 1 PM Lunch
- Directions to Next Stop: Turn R into Rutherford Road and turn L on Hwy 29 for .7 mi., Take 3rd R onto Bella Oaks Lane for 1 mi., Staglin Family Vineyard will be on your R.
Staglin Family Vineyard, 1570 Bella Oaks Lane, Rutherford, CA, 94573, (707) 963-3994
- $150 Per Couple for in depth tour of winery, caves and their Estate Cab!
- 2:30 PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required and are available Monday through Friday between 10:30 am and 2:30 pm.
- Big Cab: Taste the Staglin Family Vineyard Cabernet, as well as the Salus Cabernet. The 2009 Staglin Cabernet is the current release. It is complex and beautiful and will fill your glass with a brooding swirl of rich, dark fruits.
- Casual Dining: Oenotri, (707) 252-1022, Napa, CA
- Require Reservations: Redd Restaurant, (707) 944-2222, Yountville, CA
- Boutique: Harvest Inn, (707) 963-9463, St. Helena, CA
- Hotel: Villagio Inn & Spa, (707) 944-8877, Yountville, CA
- Resort: Calistoga Ranch – An Auberge Resort, (707) 254-2800, Calistoga, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 4/2/14. Copyright WineCountry.com.