Tasting Fee Budget for the Day: $300 Per Couple.
To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721.
If you love “Big Napa Cabs”, then this is the itinerary for you. Enjoy a leisure morning and brunch before you begin your journey in Northern Napa Valley at the historic Chateau Montelena, where the fame of the area all began. Two other Napa families who have brought acclaim to the region are the Staglin and Sweeney clans. Staglin and Vine Cliff are family owned and operated, attention-to-detail fine wines. Each has it’s own personality and distinctive flavors. Get to know the families and their philosophy of making Cabernet Sauvignon in Napa Valley.
Chateau Montelena Winery, 1429 Tubbs Lane, Calistoga, CA 94515, (707) 942-5105
- $100 Per Couple – Limited Release Tasting Experience, Wine Tasting
- 11:30 AM – Allow One Hour
- Tasting Fees are waived with $100 wine purchase when you show the offer on the WineCountry.com Mobile App
- Reservation Required with Pre-Payment
- Intimate tasting in the Library Room of world-class wines that have made history!
- Big Cab: Montelena Estate Cabernet and the Napa Valley Cabernet are two of the wines you will taste. Each shows an “old world” structure and clearly demonstrates the flavors that Napa Valley produces.
- Directions to Next Stop: (allow 30 minutes) NE on Tubbs Lane toward Hwy 29, turn R on Hwy 29 for 1.6 mi., Turn L on to Silverado Trail for 1.6 mi., R on Dunaweal Ln for .8 mi., L on Hwy 29 for 11.6 mi., R on Bella Oaks Ln for 1 mi., Staglin will be on your R
Staglin Family Vineyard, Rutherford, CA, (707) 963-3994
- $150 Per Couple for in depth tour of winery, caves and their Estate Cab!
- 3:15 PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservations Required and are available Monday through Friday between 10:30 am and 2:30 pm.
- Big Cab: Taste the Staglin Family Vineyard Cabernet, as well as the Salus Cabernet. The 2009 Staglin Cabernet is the current release. It is complex and beautiful and will fill your glass with a brooding swirl of rich, dark fruits.
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 14 minutes) Turn R on Hwy 29 for 4 mi., L on Madison Street and L on Yount St. 1st R onto Yountville Cross Rd for 1.9 mi., L on Silverado Trail for 1.4 mi., Vine Cliff Winery is on your R.
Vine Cliff Winery, 7400 Silverado Trail, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 944-1364
- $50 Per Couple – Private Tour & Tasting
- 1:30 PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Reservation Required
- Big Cab: Taste the Napa Valley Cabernet, Oakville Estate Cabernet and Private Stock Cabernet-16 Rows, made specifically from 16 designated rows of the Sweeney family’s hilltop home, which are the most mature vines of the property.
- Casual Dining: Oenotri, (707) 252-1022, Napa, CA
- Require Reservations: Redd Restaurant, (707) 944-2222, Yountville, CA
- Boutique: Harvest Inn, (707) 963-9463, St. Helena, CA
- Hotel: Villagio Inn & Spa, (707) 944-8877, Yountville, CA
- Resort: Calistoga Ranch – An Auberge Resort, (707) 254-2800, Calistoga, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email email@example.com. Thank you. Last reviewed 2/11/14. Copyright WineCountry.com.