By Wine Country Staff
Tasting Fee and Event Budget for the Day: $180 Per Couple. To keep these kinds of offers, buy a bottle or three! Utilize our FREE Mobile App, WineCountry.com, to locate each stop and to see more itineraries. Want a more personalized and custom trip curated for you and your wine tasting party? Contact our Guest Services Department at 707.260.0721 or email email@example.com.
Romance, chocolate and wine all in one place… the fabulous Napa Valley! Year round you can visit Rutherford Ranch Winery and Hess Collection to experience wine tasting that has been brought to a new and delicious level with chocolate! This educational experience allows guests to sweeten up their vacation! You’ve heard of wine and food pairings, but you MUST experience it this way. These wineries are ahead of the chocolate-y curve. The creative flavors in the chocolate enhance the wines for the “chocoholic” in all of us.
Rutherford Ranch Winery, 1680 Silverado Trail South, St. Helena, CA 94574 (707) 968-3200
- $50 Per Couple – Wine and Chocolate Pairing
- 10AM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Learn how wines complement and pair with delicious gourmet chocolates. Visit Rutherford Ranch for their chocolate and wine pairing, featuring the recently released Rose. This is an incredible and delicious experience.
- Reservation Required
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 2 minutes) R on Silverado Trail, immediate Rt on Rutherford Hill Rd. Auberge on your R. Valet will park your car.
Make Reservations for Lunch: Auberge du Soleil, (707) 963-1211 in Rutherford, CA
- 12 PM
- Auberge du Soleil Restaurant is nestled on 33 acres overlooking the lush vines of the Napa Valley. The cuisine has evolved with a wine country theme where innovative menus inspired by the bounty of the vine are paired with food in ways that delight and inspire longtime devotees. The Bar is ideal for sipping wine by the fireplace. The Restaurant offers luxury at its finest while overlooking some of Napa’s most renowned vineyards. Offering more that 40 of the valle’s finest wines by the glass and boasting a cellar of nearly 17,000 wines, guests can enjoy a full sensory experience of the California wine country
- Directions to Next Stop: (Allow 30 minutes) L on Silverado Trail for 5.7 mi., R on Yountville Cross Rd for 1.9 mio., L on Yount St., 1st R on Madison St, L on Hwy 29 for 6.5 mi, exit Redwood Rd and Turn R on Redwood for 4.5 mi., L to stay on Redwood Rd for 1.3 mi., Hess is on your L
The Hess Collection Winery, 4411 Redwood Road, Napa, CA 94558, (707) 255-1144
- $130 Per Couple – Private Tour, Tasting and Chocolate Experience
- 2 PM – Allow 1.5 Hours
- Enjoy a private guided tour of the Hess Collection of Art, followed by a current release wine tasting in the private upstairs room of four wines paired with artisan truffles developed and handcrafted with TCHO chocolate by their in-house Pastry Chef & Chocolatier, Emma Kate Veader. Not only are the chocolates beautiful and professionally made, but they have the Hess wine “in” them with other surprising flavors.
- Please allow 90 minutes for this tasting experience
- Reservation Required at least 48 hours in advance
- Casual: Norman Rose Tavern, (707) 258-1516, Napa, CA
- Make a Reservation: Pear Southern Bistro, (707) 256-3900, Napa, CA
- Value: Fairfield Inn & Suites, (707) 643-3800, American Canyon, CA
- Boutique: Milliken Creek Inn, (707) 255-1197, Napa CA
- Hotel/Resort: Silverado Resort & Spa, (707) 257-0200, Napa, CA
- Vacation Rentals: Great Places, (707) 942-9638, Napa, CA
Use a Designated Driver, always! We encourage responsible drinking! It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle at or above .08 BAC in the state of CA. WineCountry.com’s free itineraries are sponsored by our Partners. We do our best to keep all information current. If you find a problem with an itinerary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. Last reviewed 2/7/14. Copyright WineCountry.com.